Tuesday, June 6, 2006

A Week Late

Gasp! Last week's holiday weekend totally messed up my schedule, and thusly, I missed last week's update. But I'm back now, with pictures!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Progress on le blanket! It's been off the needles for a couple of weeks now, but the prospect of weaving in all the ends has been an overwhelming one. I've only been doing it at Stitch 'n' Bitch, and last night I got help from a friend, so there's a lot less left to do than there otherwise might be. It should be done next week!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The "crazy sock". I'm making this pair from the yarn that's leftover from the other crazy socks. I tried out a heel technique from Sensational Knitted Socks that makes lovely concentric circles without a lot of effort. It involved my first-ever attempt at a provisional cast-on, and I think it went pretty well. I may never knit heels any other way again!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This will, eventually, be a striped, felted bag. I'm using the Lamb's Pride I got at the yarn sale. I love knitting with this stuff! I test-felted a swatch, and, as I've been told, it felts great. I'm looking forward to having the knitting time to make some real progress on this.

And last, but not least,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

more acrylic stash I don't need! I got it from a friend last night at Stitch 'n' Bitch...I couldn't resist free yarn.

I also finished knitting the cotton bag for my mom, but I have no pictures of it yet. I think I'll take some once I've lined it and put the handles on, so I'll have a picture of the finished piece. The colors all go well together, and I'm going to line it in black so they stand out.

Eek, this was kind of a boring, routine update. I'll try to be more exciting next week!

Mood: caffeinated

No comments: