Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Finishin' O' The Socks!

Yes, they're done! Here are the finished Clessidra socks/stockings:





They are soft, comfortable, and very, very awesome. And I'm not saying that because I knit them. The pattern is brilliant. It's everything you could want in a sweater, but on a sock scale. I thought it would be difficult to keep track of, but there's quite a good rhythm to it once you get going. The leg takes a while with that back cable to do, but the foot zips right along.

Despite two mis-crossed cables that I decided not to worry about, I'm proud of them.

(The yarn is KnitPicks Gloss in Woodland Sage, if I haven't mentioned it before.)

I'm moving right along to...you guess it, more socks! Now that Clessidra's done, it's Pomatomus time!



The start of a Pomatomus in its natural habitat, pattern and all. The only thing I changed was to cast on one less pattern repeat, due to the original size being too large for my already big feet. The yarn is the Koigu I bought at Kaleidoscope Yarns.

I started the socks last night and am already loving the pattern. It looks intimidating, and I've seen a blog or two where they were referenced as being difficult, but so far I've found them to be fairly intuitive. The yarn overs have a habit of disappearing, but that's easily fixed.

The best part? The chart is easy to read and makes sense as the pattern emerges in the knitting. Like Clessidra, it has a rhythm. These are going to be fun socks.

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled weekend.

No comments: